Apple has announced a major update to the Apple Arcade catalog, adding 20 new games across a multitude of genres.
Debuting in 2019, Apple Arcade is Apple’s all-you-can-play gaming subscription service. It currently hosts more than 200 games that can be played across a variety of Apple platforms, such as iPhone, iPad, and even Apple TV.
Now, 20 new games have been added to the catalog, including mobile ports of popular indie games, new simulator and city builder games, and Disney-branded games geared toward kids.
“Apple Arcade brings together hundreds of fun titles in one gaming destination for our users to discover and enjoy,” said Alex Rofman, Apple’s senior director of Apple Arcade.
“Today’s launch boosts our award-winning catalog with 20 new games people will love playing and sharing with their friends and families.”
Limbo+ is a critically acclaimed puzzle platformer published by the Danish studio Playdead. It’s been called eerily beautiful and has snagged awards for its visuals and sound design.
Imangi Studios’ Temple Run+ also makes its way to Apple Arcade. It’s an endless runner where players swerve, jump, dodge, and slide while trying to collect treasure. Temple Run+ is available for iOS iPadOS, macOS, and Apple TV.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch+, developed by Young Horses, is the sequel to the popular adventure game Octodad. In this independent adventure game players control the titular Octodad and attempt to complete chores while not raising suspicion from other humans.
Other games also being released to Apple Arcade:
- TMNT Splintered Fate by Paramount Global
- Disney SpellStruck by Artist Arcade
- Disney Coloring World+ by StoryToys
- Disney Getaway Blast+ by Gameloft
- What The Car by Triband
- Cityscapes: Sim Builder by Magic Fuel Games
- Chess Universe+ by Tilting Point
- Farming Simulator 20+ by Giants Software
- Getting Over It+ by Bennett Foddy
- Hill Climb Racing by Fingersoft
- Iron Marines+ by Ironhide Game Studio
- Kingdom Two Crowns+ by Raw Fury
- My Town Home – Family Games+ by My Town Games LTD
- PPKP+ by Shimada Toshihiro
- Snake.io by Kooapps
- Time Locker+ by Sotaro Otsuka
- Very Little Nightmares+ by Bandai Namco Entertainment
Apple Arcade costs $4.99 monthly and gives players unlimited access to over 200+ titles. Currently, those who purchase a new iPad, iPhone, Mac, or Apple TV get three months of the service for free.
The service is also part of Apple One plans at all tiers.
Amber worked at MacNN and Electronista from 2015 until 2017, reviewing software, apps, games, and tech accessories. In 2019, she signed up with AppleInsider, where she covers all things Apple, with a focus on tech reviews, Apple TV+ developments, and environmental concerns surrounding big tech.
The post Apple adds 20 new games to its Apple Arcade catalog first appeared on appleinsider.com