November 16, 2022 Update: If youâ€™re running iOS 16.2 beta 3, Apple is now rolling out â€œiOS Security Response 16.2 (a). Check the Settings app and update as soon as possible.
Apple is ramping up testing of its latest iOS 16.2 software release. The company has made iOS 16.2 beta 3 available to developer beta testers, alongside updates to watchOS 9.2, tvOS 16.2, macOS Ventura 13.1, and more.
Whatâ€™s new in iOS 16.2?
Beta users can update their iPhone and iPad to iOS 16.2 beta 3 by heading to the Settings app, choosing General, then choosing Software update. The build number is 20C5049e.
iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2 include a few notable changes. The Freeform collaboration app is now available to iPad, iPhone, and Mac users. There are also changes to the Home app, updates to the Weather app, and more. Hereâ€™s a rundown of everything weâ€™ve discovered so far:
Hereâ€™s a rundown of everything weâ€™ve discovered so far:
- Apple News integration appears in Weather app on iOS 16.2 beta with relevant regional stories
- Apple to let users keep Live Activities updated more frequently with iOS 16.2
- iOS 16.2 beta introduces new architecture to the Home app for a more reliable experience
- iOS 16.2 adds new Sleep widget for your Lock Screen, Medications widget also coming soon
- iOS 16.2 lets users report to Apple when Emergency SOS is unintentionally triggered
- tvOS 16.2 beta brings multi-user voice recognition to Siri on Apple TV, hereâ€™s how it works
- iPadOS 16.2 beta adds Freeform collaboration app, Stage Manager external display support
In addition to iOS 16.2 beta 3, Apple has also made the following updates available to all developer beta testers:
- watchOS 9.2 beta 3
- tvOS 16.2 beta 3
- macOS Ventura 13.1 beta 3
- iPadOS 16.2 beta 3
Spot any changes in todayâ€™s release of iOS 16.2 beta 3 or the other new betas from Apple? Let us know in the comments below or onÂ Twitter @9to5Mac. Stay tuned for our full hands-on coverage with the new releases right here atÂ 9to5MacÂ today and throughout the rest of the week.
The post Apple rolling out iOS 16.2 beta 3 and more to developers as launch nears [U] first appeared on 9to5mac.com