We’ve already visualized the iPhone 15 lineup in a number of different ways, including high-quality renders based on leaked CAD files. Now, Macotakara has gotten their hands on some 3D-printed iPhone 15 dummy units…
These iPhone 15 dummy units provide yet another look at the design changes coming this year. This includes smaller bezels, curved edges, and larger camera bumps. We’re also expecting the Dynamic Island to come to all four iPhone 15 models this year, after being exclusive to just the iPhone 14 Pro models.
As we’ve previously highlighted, the updated dimensions of the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max mean you won’t be able to use your iPhone 14 cases.
Macotakra tested this further using the 3D-printed dummy units to confirm the changes. The report does, however, claim that you’ll probably be able to use iPhone 14 Plus cases with the iPhone 15 Plus.
- Exclusive: iPhone 15 Pro to have new unified volume buttons with new ‘pressing type’ mute button
- Exclusive: iPhone 15 Plus renders reveal Dynamic Island with slimmer bezels, ‘curve’ design, more
- Exclusive: First look at the special edition color for iPhone 15 Pro
- Exclusive: This is iPhone 15 Pro: Thinner bezels, thicker ‘curve’ design, no Lightning port, more
- Exclusive: iPhone 15 CADs reveal larger 6.2-inch display, Dynamic Island, and more
Other than the details on case and screen protector compatibility, 3D-printed dummy units are yet another way to visualize some of the design changes coming to the iPhone 15 lineup later this year. Watch the full video below.
Add 9to5Mac to your Google News feed.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Chance is an editor for the entire 9to5 network and covers the latest Apple news for 9to5Mac.
Tips, questions, typos to [email protected]
The post Video shows off 3D-printed iPhone 15 dummy units and tests compatibility with iPhone 14 cases first appeared on 9to5mac.com