(Pocket-lint) – Apple’s MacBook Air needs no introduction, it’s been a longstanding go-to choice for anyone seeking power and portability.
When Apple introduced the M1 version in 2020, it wowed us with its performance and efficiency.
Sure, there’s a newer M2-powered version available now, but the M1 processor can still outpace the needs of most users.
For the Black Friday sales this year, Amazon has slashed prices on this older model by around 20 per cent.
And, when there are discounts like this, it’s well worth considering over the newer, pricier, model.
When we initially reviewed the M1 MacBook Air, we were astonished with its performance. So much so, that it became hard to recommend that anyone go for a MacBook Pro over the more affordable, more portable, Air.
Now, at the lowest price we’ve seen to date, it’s an easy recommendation for anyone in need of a laptop upgrade.
If you’re tempted, be sure to act quickly, this model is a few years old now, and likely won’t be available for much longer.
More Black Friday 2022 US deals
We’ve rounded up some other great deals, below:
- Google: 35% price cut on Pixel, Buds, Watch
- Samsung: Save on Galaxy S22
- Blink: Doorbell & cameras w/ 60% off
- Ring: 60% discount on Echo bundles
- Echo: Save 59% on Show devices
- Sony: Over a third off headphones / earbuds
- Fire TV: Half price 4K Stick % Cube
- Samsung: Save 67% on memory
- Fitbit: 1/3 off Versa 4, Charge 5
- LG: 27% discount on OLED / QNED TVs
- Fire Stick: 50% off HD Stick
- Ring: 41% saving on video doorbell
- Samsung: QLED & QLED TVs down by 36%
- Roomba: Get 35% off
- Google: Over a third saving on Nest
- Beats: 37% off Solo 3
- JBL: Flip 6 is 31% cheaper
Writing by Luke Baker.