Ryan Haines / Android Authority
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S23 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
All three Galaxy S23 series phones launched with Android 13 and Samsung’s One UI 5.1 skin on top. Samsung will offer four major Android OS updates to the Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra. The company also guarantees five years of security updates for all devices.
- Current stable version: Android 13
- When will the Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra get Android 14? November 2023 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra update
August 18, 2023: Samsung is now rolling out an update for the unlocked Galaxy S23 variants in the US, which includes the month’s security patch and new camera features. The 1.2GB update comes with firmware version S91xU1UEU1AWGH, as reported by SamMobile. It brings a 2x zoom toggle to the camera app, fixes the “banana blur” issue, and brings motion blur improvements. The update also improves the portrait video mode and now lets users record at a 30fps frame rate using Big Circle, Color Point, and Glitch effects. You can read more about this update here.
To install the latest Samsung Galaxy S23 update, head to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra updates
- August 11, 2023: Samsung started rolling out the One UI 6 beta, with the Android 14-based software available to users in Germany, the US, and South Korea.
- August 7, 2023: Samsung is rolling out its August update for Galaxy S23 owners in Thailand, according to SamMobile. Other regions should follow shortly after. The patch is 1.4GB and comes with firmware version S91xBXXU3AWGJ.
- July 3, 2023: Samsung has started pushing out the July security patch to all phones in the Galaxy S23 series. SamMobile reports that the update weighs in at 425MB and has firmware version S91xUSQS1AWFD. It is now live in the US for carrier-locked models on T-Mobile’s network. Other regions should also be getting the update in the coming days.
- June 16, 2023: Samsung pushed out a major June update to the Galaxy S23 series. The update weighed in at a massive 2.2GB and came with firmware version S91xBXXU2AWF1.
- May 2, 2023: The May 2023 update landed on the Galaxy S23 series. SamMobile reported that the update was initially available in Europe, packing firmware version S91xBXXS1AWD1.
- April 3, 2023: The Samsung Galaxy S23 series got the April security patch alongside a substantial camera upgrade. It features firmware version S91xNKSU1AWC8. The update first landed in South Korea, followed by other parts of the world.
- March 9, 2023: The Samsung Galaxy S23 series got the March security patch, according to GalaxyClub. The update weighed approximately 350MB and rolled out with firmware version S91xBXXS1AWBM. It didn’t bring any new features or changes, except for the March security update.
- February 20, 2023: The Samsung Galaxy S23 series got its first software update with firmware version S91xBXXU1AWBD. According to SamMobile, the update rolled out with the February 2023 security patch. It also included minor bug fixes.
What Samsung Galaxy S23 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!
The post Samsung Galaxy S23 series August update lands in the US with new camera features first appeared on www.androidauthority.com