Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the clamshell foldable. We’ll detail the current software version for the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and let you know if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung’s update release schedule usually varies slightly per variant and carrier.
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 launched with Android 12 and One UI 4.1.1. Samsung will offer four major Android OS updates and five years of security patches for the device.
- Current stable version: Android 13
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip 4 get Android 14? November or December 2023 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 update
November 11, 2022: Unlocked versions of the Galaxy Z Flip 4 have started to receive the stable Android 13 update, which comes with Samsung’s One UI 5 software. The update brings all the new Android 13 features, adds the November 2022 security patch, and brings some exclusive Samsung features such as stackable widgets, Bixby Text Call, Maintainance mode, and more.
The catch is that the update is currently going out only to those who beta-tested the software. However, it should reach regular users soon. The update carries firmware version BVK3.
To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 updates
- October 20, 2022: First released for Samsung’s last generation of foldables, the October security patch finally rolled out to Galaxy Z Flip 4 owners in the US. According to SamMobile, the Flip 4 will receive firmware F721USQS1AVII. The patch will fix over 47 privacy and security vulnerabilities.
- September 30, 2022: Samsung just made it and finally delivered the September 2022 security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip 4, Android Headlines reported. The update bears firmware version number F721NKSU1AVIA in Korea. Speaking of Korea, the update is rolling out in Samsung’s home market and several other Asian countries.
- September 1, 2022: Samsung issued a day-one patch for the Galaxy Z Flip 4, according to SamMobile. This update weighed in at 370MB and had firmware version number F721BXXU1AVHH in international markets.
- November 8, 2022: Samsung rolled out the November security patch to the Flip 4 (via SamMobile). Firmware version F721BXXS1AVJE was made available to users, fixing dozens of privacy and security vulnerabilities.
What Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!
Read the original article here [ Read More ]