Instagram is currently down, according to Twitter users. This information was also confirmed by 9to5Mac‘s staff. The Meta-owned platform is currently facing an outage as users around the world complain about the feed stopping to work, problems with checking DMs, and more.
Instagram is down for some users
As reported by a number of users on Twitter, and also corroborated by DownDetector, Instagram went down at around 9:32 a.m. PT and is still facing an outage. The reasons for the outage at this point are unclear, but DownDetector also suggests that the platform has been working to fix these issues.
While some users are just experiencing slowdowns with the Instagram app, others can’t even log in to the app. Some Instagram users are also unable to load new posts in their feed, open Stories, or receive and send direct messages.
Other signs Instagram is down:
- Unable to load your “Activity” feed with likes and comments
- Inability to comment on posts
- Browse/Search tab not loading or only showing old posts and videos
- Search not bringing up correct results
Have you experienced any issues with Instagram today? Let us know in the comments section below. We’ll update the story once the company makes a statement or it starts working again.
- 25% of Netflix subscribers planning to leave service, Apple TV+ ranked low on most-used streaming video list
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.